Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I am down with a bad cold

As i have mentioned earlier that I was sick since 3 weeks ago..yea..down with a bad cold. Coughing non-stop with greenish phlegm and sore throat. This virus is bad and strong. I am fighting it with only cough drops and lots of fluids. No anti-biotic for me as is viral infection.

Sigh, I am tired and i sounded like a broken record. Went to a walk-in clinic yesterday because I felt terrible yesterday.
Waited about 1/2 hour then came this young doctor, who didn't even spend 5 minutes checking on me.
What's the matter with today's health care system?
That doctor has bad communication skills with her clients. She treated me as if i am a thing not a person.
U need time to diagnosed the patient...how can u tell what's wrong with your patient if u didn't check them properly?

In Canada, if u want to see your family doctor, u have to like book an appointment. Yup, like me coughing till almost dying, still have to wait for weeks to see my doctor.
Therefor u left with no choice, to go to walk in clinics where u can get those any TOM and Harry kinda of doctor who just got out from practice..didn't know what they are doing.

Unlike in Malaysia, if u r sick, u just go to the 24 hours clinic and get fixed!
U dun have to wait or make appointment.
Sigh... how do we improve our health care system here?

Ontario are suggesting tele-health? using computerized diagnosed system? U think this will work?
Hmmm...will see how...
Nurses and doctors are encouraged to go through computer training courses for future health care system.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aiyoh..!! down here the same ..!! it's like seeing God..! or even worst..!! and waiting for the doctor.. can be a good 2 hrs..!!
Get well soon ya..!!

Gene Lim said...

Mamabok: Yea lor... my gosh! 2 hrs? Even with appointment? this is too much.

I hope so...