Sunday, February 20, 2005

First chapter-first episode....

My first blog...and i dunno where to start...hehehe..let see.. Lets start with introducing myself. Female married for just only 2 years plus.. from Penang Malaysia but residing in Canada now. Had a son who is almost 13 months now.

Life is tough to be somebody's wife and somebody's mother. Never thought having a baby will change your whole life so drastically. I knew life will change but never knew that it will be this huge change..hahahah.. oh well, u see.. i grew up in an average family-father is always working, mom is a housewife..but she passed away young..that time i was only 14 years old. Therefore, I never had a good conversation with my mom as grown up lady.

Anyway, my husband is a good man...least he is patient and tolerance with my bad and quick temper. Yup, i have very bad and quick temper....got it from my dad's side..hehehe pai seh laaaaa... by th way, met him through internet in the year of 1997.. had long distance relationship with hiim for 5 years before i flew to Canada to marry him. Yup big sacrifice i made-leaving my family (my beloved dear Sister,dad, bro and Aunt May-who look after us after my mom passed)
Oh well, I love him..what to do...thought i can have a brand new life in Canada. (yea..really "brand new" eh..hahahha...)

Came to Canada in year of 2002..and we got married November 2002. Couldn't work in Canada because i do not have my Social Insurance Number yet..and was still waiting for my Landed imigrant status.
Anyhow,got myself a volunteer job ..met lotsa nice people who treat me great...like family. My exboss, Lillian (wonderful lady who help me alot in my life) she taught me alot as in how to survive in Hamilton, Canada. Yea, surprisingly, my husband been in Hamilton for 16 years..yet he still do not know abt Hamilton. Right now, I am more well verse than him to get things done...(got all my immigration application papers done by myself) - Thanks to LILIAN!!

Coming to Canada was a great experience for me... life changes so rapidly that sometimes i couldn't catch up the time. I really learned how to be independent and get things done by myself.( i am the youngest back home-therefore always have sis or aunt to help me)
I realize that i had grown so much..not age wise or physically..hehehe but wisdom wise too..
Life is challenging..it is when u enter the age of big 20.

We just bought a house...because i couldn't get along with my mother in-law. OH boyyyyy...i hate to mention that word.. (mother in-law) I just dun get it why all mother in-law behave like a witch... i dun mean all MIL in the world..i know some MIL are good..but mine..sighhhhhhh..
guess i am just bad luck..
she is from the old school background ..typical chinese type of person. When i was pregnant that time...oh boy..she treated my so damn well.... cooking good stuff for me plus made me the upp bird nest soup..well to chinese ..birdnest thing is a biggie eh..coz is expensive.
Anyhow, after Ryan is born (Jan 25th 2004..winter baby) everything changes. She treated me so cold and trying to snatch my mother role from me. I felt soo depressed tat time.
After gaving birth my hormone changes so rapid ...and my MIL added more trouble for me..so i became soo depressed that i have to take some depression pills to calm my nerves down.
Lotsa horrible things happened which i dunno how to put into words here and i don't intend to tell it here too because i am trying to forget abt it.
She really haunted me ...really gives me goosebumps when think of her.

oh well, enoug bout her... Back to story..got a house, is a second hand house.. not a brand new house...big enough for us three ... of coz husband pay all..hehehee... that's why we are struggling financially. Luckily, God bless me a part time job working for PizzaPizza as a order processing agent. PizzaPizza is a famous pizza business in Canada..like PizzaHut in US.
They have this one number method which the whole Ontario (one of the province in Canada) sharing it. So, all i have to do is taking orders from phone calls and distribute it to the rite store. It can be from Ottawa,Kingston,Hamilton,Toronto,Mississauga,Thorold,Petawawa...etc. etc.
The job is not really a good job..but a job which can provide me and my family some cash..least can help out my husband a little bit.
I work on Thu-Sun from 5 pm till 8 pm. Hours are short..but that's okie...is suitable for me..because i have to babysit Ryan.

It is tough to stay home looking after Ryan and at the same time going to work. I really salute all the mothers who is working full time and at the same time taking care of their families. Is not easy, is very tiring, brain draining and exhausting. Mothers have no time to think of themselves ...always put their families first. Really have no time for urself.
Sometimes i feel like breakdown..coz i really tired of thinking for others and not for myself. I want to have my own career..build my "empire" hehehehe...something that i really want.
But rite now is impossible for me.... with Ryan so young...and insufficient cash... my dream came dowwn to the drain.

With the busy schedule we have at home.... i had spend less time with my husband. Our relatishioship grew so strangely ...everyday we are always on the go... never had 1 second wasted. Woke up-work-came back eat-wash dishes..bathe and sleep (his life)
Mine will be woke up-baby all day..cook, clean, eat, sleep
what a boring life huh? oh well, is winter life... can't go anywhere...can't wait for spring..coz i wanna work on my garden.. :)

okie dokie... can't write much now... baby is up already..furtheremore can't write my whole 2 years life story in one episode..hahahahah
till then...everyone who is reading..have a great weekend or progressing week ahead.
God Bless always!

1 comment:

letti said...

i came to the states in Dec 2003 to be with my fiance, whom i also met online and we're going to be married in June 2005 and so i can relate to you in that sense.

My fiance's family is very wonderful and do everything they can to make me feel so accepted and special.

at this time i'm juggling taking care of the house, the pets, the wedding plans and studying to be licensed in the states :)

I hope you don't mind me linking you to my blog :)